August 13, 2006 | | Comments 14

Cool Whip Chocolate Wafers Log

Last week, during a groceries shopping trip, Ben picked up a Mr. Christie’s Chocolate wafers from the cookies aisle. This is one of the rare moments these days where Ben tag along for the shopping since I have started doing it during the weekday.

Mr. Christie is a very thin chocolate wafer which looks very appealing. Reading the instructions on the box and the mouth watering picture, we decided to make this Cool Whip Chocolate Wafers Log. The instructions sounded pretty simple.

IMG_7372_edited-1.jpg

• 1 package (200g) Mr. Christie’s Chocolate Wafers
  • 1 tub (1 L) Cool Whip or Cool Whip Light Whipped Topping

IMG_7374_edited-1.jpg

The Cool Whip Chocolate Wafers Log turned out pretty nice. Nanzaro loves it.

IMG_7387_edited-1.jpg

Click on the link below for the instructions.

IMG_7375_edited-1.jpgSpread each chocolate wafer with a teaspoon of whipped topping, using about 2 cups for all wafers.
IMG_7378_edited-1.jpgStack in groups of six.
IMG_7381_edited-1.jpgYou’ll get 8 groups of six.
IMG_7382_edited-1.jpgPlace stacks end to end on plastic wrap, pressing together lightly. I made 2 rolls of 4 stacks each instead of one long roll.
IMG_7383_edited-1.jpgWrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
IMG_7384_edited-1.jpgFrost top and sides with remaining whipped topping just before serving.
IMG_7385_edited-1.jpgIf desired, garnish with chocolate curls, grated chocolate or candied cherries. I just dust it with cocoa powder as I dont have any of the above mentioned.
IMG_7388_edited-1.jpgCut into diagonal slices to serve. This recipe makes 10 servings.

The Cool Whip Chocolate Wafers Log is chocolate and lightly sweetened by the Cool Whip. I must say that it’s a pretty nice dessert. The only disappointment is that the wafer became soft after the frosting. I expect it to be crunchy as before the frosting. But come to think of it, if it’s still crunchy, then we will not be able to slice the log as the wafer will crumble.

53 people like this post. Click yellow thumbie on the left if you like this post too.

Categorized Under: Dessert

1. Joan Hackel says:

My Mom made chocolate wafer rolls like this years and years ago only with whipped cream. The wafers getting soft is what makes it cake-like.
    YUMMY.

2. Lisa says:

Re: the Mr. Christie log dessert, I’ve made this many times and the chocolate wafers are suppose to get soft. They are to becomes cake like in texture. Other variations of this dessert is to add orange food colouring and flavouring or green food colouring and mint flavouring with shaved chocolate.

3. Cindy Gregory says:

This is a simple recipe and I had gotten it from a friend who used whipping cream as well. She garnished it with a few wafer crushed wafer cookies. A good cake style recipe for those who have egg allergies.

4. Lynne says:

Aloha! I have a customer who wants to get these wafers. Do you know who the manufacturer is? If not, what store were they purchased from?

Thank You!

5. Kerri Lynch says:

Sometimes I add 2 tablespoons of icing sugar (like with the original recipe made with whipped cream)
    Almond extract in the coolwhip adds zest.
    Have had a big hit making this dessert with ginger snaps instead of chocolate wafers!

6. Heather says:

I have had trouble getting my cookies to go soft. Any suggestions. I usually make it the night before

7. Sammy says:

Add mint flavouring to the middle with green food colouring and cocoa for the covering. Orange flavouring in the middle is also good. If too small I add a branch or two. Easy to double or triple as needed. YUMM! I stick mine in the freezer and it then becomes an ice cream cake. I make on a platter so I can decorate around it.

8. mouse says:

You can use Nutriwhip for this too.

9. beki says:

I live in the UK! we cant buy these anywhere…
    i Want Mr Christie Wafers! please help!
    beki.

10. Zoe says:

So do you cut it on a slight angle? In the picture it doesnt look angled but you must to get the right design in the cut.

11. brad says:

Nice for a Single Serving size…..