Cassava Cake is another dessert cake commonly found in the morning market in Malaysia. I’ve been searching for the recipe and found a few variations which some involve steaming the cake first before baking them. Then I remembered my friend Jessica who brought the Cassava Cake for last year’s Chinese New Year gathering. So I got this recipe from her which is the simplest Cassava Cake recipe of all.
Cassava Cake is soft and chewy and fragrance. Ben loves this dessert.
- 1 tin coconut milk (398ml)
- 2 packets grated cassava (you may find this in stores which carry Phillipines products)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
Click on the link below for the instructions.
Preheat the oven to 350F.