This is a Korean Salad and yet another simple recipe to make. Radish Salad is one of the side dishes which is commonly found in Korean cuisine.
- 1/2 radish or more commonly known as daikon
- Sea salt
- Red pepper powder
- Chopped garlic
- Ginger powder or fresh ginger, minced
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Slice the radish into fine strips.
- Put some coarse sea salt into the radish and set it aside till it gets soft
- Squeeze the water out of radish.
- Put some red pepper powder into the radish and mix until it gets red.
- Add sugar, garlic and ginger to taste, mix well
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
Besides the Radish Salad, Minnie also prepared a Green Salad, which is not a Korean salad.
The Green Salad dressing is made up of olive oil, white wine vinegar, sugar and some salad seasoning which is a dry mixture of herbs.
Minnie served her dishes with a Korean rice. She used a mixture of white rice and black rice and an assortment of beans. The beans were soaked in water, overnight. The rice is cooked in a Korean pressure rice cooker. The rice came out to be quite sticky.
Minnie, thank you so much for sharing so many dishes with us. We are glad to have you in the community kitchen.