Jean’s second dish is Baked Chicken with Pineapple. Chicken goes well with pineapple. The pineapple juice helps to tenderize the chicken.
The chicken turned out to be slightly on the sweet side as Jean added a lot more candied ginger than stated in the recipe to the dish. Jean loves candied ginger, so do I. Check out the goodness of candied ginger here.
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to 4 lbs chicken parts or split breast, boneless and skinless
- 10 to 12 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped candied ginger
- 1 small can of sliced pineapples, halved
Preheat the oven to 375F.
The chicken is moist, sweet and rich with ginger flavour. It will go well with steam rice, especially with the pan juice. Jean, thank you for sharing. Your courage to share dishes which you have not try before is very admirable.