June 12, 2007 | | Comments 7

Blue Parrot Coffee in Graville Public Market

It’s cake meet time again. Polly and I ran out of idea of where to meet. It’s hard to find a dessert or cake place which opens in the morning. Do you know any? We would surely appreciate some recommendations.

So, we decided to revisit Granville Island again. We visited Granville Island in early March when Polly and I had our cake meet at the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts. This time we went to the Blue Parrot Coffee inside the Granville Public Market. This stall is located at the end of the Public Market which overlooked the Burrard Bridge and the Vancouver skyline.

_MG_4848_edited-1.jpg

The Blue Parrot Coffee sells organic and specialty coffee and tea. They also serve gourmet sandwiches and pastry.

_MG_4849_edited-1.jpg

Polly ordered a Tuna Sandwiches as she did not have her breakfast yet. She was too busy preparing her kids and husband’s lunches and getting them ready for school that she had no time for herself. That’s sounds like a typical mom’s morning.

The Tuna Sandwich was big and garnished with lettuce, pickled cucumber, sliced red onions and lots of tuna.

_MG_4851_edited-1.jpg

Polly also ordered the special Caffe Mocha as it looks very tempting on the signboard. It was very rich indeed, topped with a thick layer of whipped cream.

_MG_4852_edited-1.jpg

I ordered a pastry called Copenhagen with a regular coffee. The pastry is flaky with a sweet cream which taste like Bavarian Cream.

_MG_4853_edited-1.jpg

We had a great time chit-chatting, soaking up the great scenery and the warm spring sun. What a lovely day. We wish we can continue to do this until our golden years.

Blue Parrot Espresso Bar on Urbanspoon

Be the first to like.

Categorized Under: Cake & DessertVancouver

1. chilly says:

Hi again! I’ll take a Copenhagen with a regular coffee. Sure looks great! :)

2. polly says:

Hi Suanne,

I wish we can continue to do this until our golden years too. What else do I still ask for, being staying at BC (Heaven on earth), nice weather nice place with my best friend or should I say “ai-ya” sister? Another 20 years, two grey hairs ladies sitting under the sun enjoying their coffee & cheesecake. But must be sugarfree/or less sweet at that time, right? Ha.hahha…

3. Mooshmouse says:

How early in the morning do you usually go? Ganache Pâtisserie in Yaletown opens at 11:00 a.m…. once you’ve tasted their pastries, you’ll be hooked!

Hi Mooshmouse, what a coincidence. In fact, Polly and I had just visited Ganache Patisserie last week. I’ll blog about it in a few days time. Thank you for your recommendation.

5. LotusRapper says:

You might try Liberty Bakery on Main (21st ?) on the west side of the street. It’s on a corner and it’s painted orange. They have the BEST lemon bundt cake anywhere ! Cozy little spot to sit inside or outside on the sidewalk when the weather is nice. Not sure exactly what time they open, but that part of Main St is nice on an early morning.

6. Chubbypanda says:

Cat and I sit about the Blue Parrot and have breakfast every morning when we’re in Vancouver. The view is great. I like the tables to the right, where you can look out onto the bay and the Canadian flag.

7. [...] is our favourite spot, outside the Blue Parrot Coffee of Granville Public Market. Here you can watch people singing, dancing, photographer capturing a [...]