Carol, June and Karen were in-charged of making the anyway you like breadsticks for the South Arm Cooking Club for seniors. It is call any way you like breadsticks because you can vary the toppings to create breadsticks that could go with any sort of meal, from Italian to Mexican to Indian.
The Breadsticks were very crispy and Charlene just cant stop munching on them. We made the breadsticks with parmesan and black pepper, dried rosemary, onion seeds and a pepper mix which Charlene brought fromher home. The pepper mix was from her friend who brought it back from overseas. I cant recall from which country.
The baked breadsticks may be frozen, in sealable plastic bags for 1 week. Reheat in a 350F oven until crisp.
- 1 batch Pizza dough, kneaded and risen
- cornmeal for sprinkling, optional
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons seeds or herbs of your choice
The toppings might include:
- sesame seeds
- chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- fresh or dried thyme
- nigella seeds (also called onion seeds)
- poppy seeds
- coarsely ground black peppers
- cumin seeds
Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease two large baking sheets and sprinkle lightly with cornmeal or line with parchment paper.