The next dip which Minoo made in the South Arm Community Kitchen is Lime Spiked Black Bean Dip. This dip is very easy to make and perfect for any casual gathering.
The Lime Spiked Black Bean Dip tastes best at room temperature. This recipe is adapted from myrecipe.com.
Prep time: 15 minutes; Standing time: 30 minutes; Yield: 3 cups
- 2 x 15 ounces cans black beans
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup freshly squeeze lime juice, about 2 limes (we substituted with lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper or cayenne
|Rinse the black beans and drain to prevent gas.|
|Measure all ingredients into a bowl.|
|Process the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth. Drizzle with olive oil if the mixture looks too dry. Let stand for 30 minutes.|
|Serve with baked tortilla chips, lavash or whole wheat pita.|