Suanne and I drove past the new Spirit Harbour Restaurant this morning. We could see the lights were on and thought we stop and have a closer look.
The Spirit Harbour Restaurant is located on No 3 Road and Lansdown. This looks like a big budget operation with tons of cash to make a splash in the Richmond food scene. This location used to be a Sammy J Peppers.
We stopped our car right in front of the door and a lady came out telling us that they are opened for business. However she also warned that they have limited dim sum offering on that day. We asked a few questions and she invited us in. We can’t say no for more info. Here is what we found out …
- They are opened starting today.
- Hours are morning dim sum to 3:00 PM and then from 5:00 PM for dinner. They open late from Thursday to Saturday, 2:00 AM for Thursday and 4:00 AM for Friday and Saturday.
- They will specialize on three cuisines: Cantonese, Sichuan and Northern. Also hot pot and BBQ.
- They said they wanted to be a one stop restaurant offering all popular cuisines.
- Very large dining area separated into three sections.
- In one section lots of Chandeliers with heavy, lush chairs and embroidered tablecloth. Does look really fancy.
- Another section have booths like what you see in HK Style Cafes
- And there are also a section where they serve hot pot (have installed ventilators and sprinklers).
I remarked that dealing with so many cuisines is no common and I that I am not sure if the concept of being everything to everyone will work. The lady told us that their cooks/chefs are specialists in individual cuisines. They have employed 16 cooks (!) and some of them from China.
Suanne decided not to TOFTT (take one for the team) seeing that they just opened today and that the lady said they don’t offer full dim sum menu for now. We asked what their special dim sums are but we could not understand her (she was talking in Mandarin all the time). At a place like this we will let them settle down first and then go check them out.
Anyway, Suanne and I had plans already for an AYCE (all you can eat) place for lunch today. It’s a place where it costs nothing and no, this is not an invited media event. They don’t know us and you can get the same deal as us. This is exciting for us and we can’t wait to break the news to you all! Any one smart enough to know where this place is?
Categorized Under: Opening Soon