The next Mexican inspired recipe is a Black Bean Soup with Citrus Fruit.
This is high fiber soup. It is tasty and filing.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 lime
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped
Yield 4 servings
P/S: we doubled the recipe in the kitchen
4 people like this post. Click yellow thumbie on the left if you like this post too.