D’nis demonstrated a few recipes in the South Arm Multicultural Community Kitchen.
The first recipe is a Homemade Mayonnaise. You can make green mayonnaise by adding green herbs, or red by adding a piece of red pepper or a chili.
- one whole egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice of 1 lime or lemon, or 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- start blending on high, when all mixed, add in a constant thin stream:
- 1 cup canola oil (or olive oil, or half and half olive and canola oils)
- when thick, you made a delicious mayonaise!
Yield: 1 cup