Nanzaro had his wisdom teeth extracted this summer. He had to be on soft diet for a few days.
I received an email on how to make porridge in 10 minutes just in time for Nanzaro’s ordeal.
Here is how it’s done:
- Rinse and soak the rice for 10 to 15 minutes
- Drain and freeze the rice
- Bring water to a boil; the ratio of water to rice is 1 to 10 to 13 depending on how thick you like your porridge
- Add the frozen rice and a piece of thumb size ginger, peel and smash
- Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add meat of your choice, I mostly use ground pork marinated with soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, corn starch and sesame oil. I added water to the marinated ground pork to loosen the meat so that the meat will not clump up in the porridge
- Boil for another 5 minutes and it’s done
Categorized Under: Rice