Michelle shared a Yaki Udon recipe for the main course of the Japanese theme meal at the South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen.
Udon are thick white noodles that are typically Japanese. You can get them frozen in Asian supermarkets or in dry form. You can also use soba, the thinner noodles or spaghetti for Yaki Soba.
Frozen udon typically takes about 1 minute to cook. Let it drain while your are cooking the vegetables.
This recipe is a great way to use leftovers!
- 1 tablespoon, or more vegetable oil (sunflower, grapeseed, canola, etc)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 zuchinni, julienned
- 1/2 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks green onions or a small bunch chives, thinly slice
- soy sauce to taste
- worcestershir sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Source: South Arm Older Adults Community Kitchen