Here is another email from a friend. It’s about banana with dark spots. I often used over ripen bananas with dark spots for baking banana bread. Now, there is more reason to use them.
The fully ripen banana produces a substance called TNF which has the ability to combat abnormal cells. As the banana ripens, it develops dark spots or patches on the skin. The more dark patches it has, the higher will be it’s immunity enhancement quality. Hence, the Japanese love bananas for a good reason. According to a Japanese scientific research, banana contains TNF which has anti-cancer properties. The degree of anti-cancer effect corresponds to the degree of ripeness of the fruit, i.e. the riper the banana, the better the anti-cancer quality. More on following page. Click here to continue reading
Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers. More beautiful photos from a friend to share.
Some beautiful photos from a friend to brighten your weekend.
A friend sent me an email about facts of the liver. Reminds me to take better care of my body and watch what I consume.
In the South Arm Older Adults Cooking Club, Michelle introduced a new item which is Coconut Oil.
In room temperature, coconut oil solidifies like vegetable shortening. In warmer summer weather, it may turns into liquid. It does not need refrigeration.
Coconut oil can be used in place of oil or butter. It has fairly high heat tolerance and can be used in cooking like sauteing up to medium high heat.
It has a nice coconut flavour and great for baked goods like zucchini and banana bread.
Here is an excerpt on coconut oil and its benefit from Dr. Oz shared by Michelle in the kitchen. More on following page. Click here to continue reading
Here is another interesting email from a friend. Have a nice weekend.
Yogurt cures bad breath
Studies have shown that live bacteria in sugar free yogurt can suppress levels of bad breath causing bacteria. If the bad bacteria can’t survive, your breath smells sweeter.
Olive oil cures Eczema
Olive oil is rich in vitamin E, so it’s a great skin moisturizer. Apply extra virgin, unrefined olive oil to your skin after showering, while your skin is still damp. The olive oil seals in moisture and helps sooth painful Eczema flair-ups.
Sugar stops the hiccups
Hiccups are annoying, but now you can stop them within one minute simply by swallowing a teaspoon full of dry sugar. Experts believe that the sudden sweetness on the tongue overloads the nerve endings in the mouth and stops the hiccup spasm.
Chewing peppermint or cinnamon gum eases commuting stress
Studies have shown that chewing peppermint or cinnamon gum increases awareness and reduces fatigue by as much as 20%. Test subjects reported 25% less frustration and 30% increased alertness. The drive also seemed 30% shorter for those who chewed the gum, versus those who did not. More on following page. Click here to continue reading
I would like to share more about pineapple here. It’s from an email I received from a friend.
- The pineapple is a member of the bromeliad family.
- It is extremely rare that bromeliads produce edible fruit. The pineapple is the only available edible bromeliad today.
- It is a multiple fruit. One pineapple is actually made up of dozens of individual floweret’s that grow together to form the entire fruit. Each scale on a pineapple is evidence of a separate flower.
- Pineapples stop ripening the minute they are picked.
- No special way of storing them will help ripen them further.
- Colour is relatively unimportant in determining ripeness.
- Choose your pineapple by smell. If it smells fresh, tropical and sweet, it will be a good fruit.
- The more scales on the pineapple, the sweeter and juicier the taste.
- After you cut off the top, you can plant it.
- It should grow much like a sweet potato will.
- This delicious fruit is not only sweet and tropical; it also offers many benefits to our health. Pineapple is a remarkable fruit.
- We find it enjoyable because of its lush, sweet and exotic flavor, but it may also be one of the most healthful foods available today.
- If we take a more detailed look at it, we will find that pineapple is valuable for easing indigestion, arthritis or sinusitis.
- The juice has an anthelmintic effect; it helps get rid of intestinal worms. More on following page. Click here to continue reading
A friend shared some interesting home tips on storing, keeping fresh, quick solutions and cleanliness tips which are good to know. Hope you’ll benefit from these tips and have a great weekend.
An apple to make tomatoes ripen
If you’re tired of waiting and would like to make your tomatoes ripe in half the time, put them in a bowl with an apple or two, and cover them up with plastic wrap.
Beans for wax
Fill up the candle house with a layer of raw beans. It’s not only a nice decoration, but the beans will also keep the candle steady and capture the wax drops.
Toothpick on scotch tape
Mark the end of the scotch tape by rolling it up with a toothpick at the end. More on following page. Click here to continue reading