Mutual gifts cement friendship.
~ Ivorian Proverb
I made a Sour Cream Coffee Cake before I went over to Allie’s for her Bulgogi lunch. It has been a while since I made this cake. Since I still have a cup of sour cream in the fridge, I thought I should use it. This goes well with coffee.
Here is the recipe.
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat the oven to 350F and grease a 6-cup tube pan.
- Mix walnuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon to make topping and set aside.
- Stir or sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt until dry ingredients are well combined.
- Cream the butter with the sugar until the mixture is light, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture in alternate thirds with the sour cream,beating well after each addition.
- Spoon half the batter into the pan and sprinkle with half the topping, then add remaining batter and sprinkle on the rest of the topping.
- Bake for 40 minutes without opening the oven, then test for doneness (a toothpick should come out clean). It may need another 5 to 10 minutes of baking.