Where there is sugar, there are bound to be ants.
~ Malay Proverb
OK, here is the recipe for the syrup I made to serve with Tou Foo Fa.
I used brown sugar slab to make the syrup. The syrup made from brown sugar slab has a nice golden colour. You can buy this type of sugar from any Chinese groceries stores.
To make the syrup, boil one cup of water with one piece of brown sugar slab in a sauce pan.
The syrup is ready when the sugar is completely dissolved.
You may store any excess syrup in a covered bottle in the fridge for quite a long time. Simple right? 🙂
Paper can’t wrap up a fire.
~ Chinese Proverb
Today, Winnie showed us how to make Bean Curd Roll in the cooking club. The Bean Curd Roll can be eaten hot from the steamer or deep fried.
The Pork Mixture/Fillings
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1 cup water chestnuts, finely diced
- 1 cup black wood ear, soaked and finely diced
- 2 tablespoon five spice powder
- 2.5 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon Maggi seasoning sauce
- 1 teaspoon spice salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet potato starch
- 2 pieces bean curd skin
- 1 cup chopped scallions