Andrea showed us how to make the Beef and Noodle in our last Richmond Cooking Club. Andrea told us that she adopted the recipe from the Canadian Living magazine and that she makes this often for her family.
It is a variant of a dry rice noodle flavoured primarily with soya sauce. This is a simple and quick dish to make.
- 6 oz rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- 6 oz top sirloin grilling steak or inside round marinating steak, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli or green beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or 1 tablespoon of fish and soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- lime pieces
Andrea, thanks for demonstrating this recipe.