This is Jean’s second recipe in this week’s cooking club meeting. The Swiss Steak recipe is best cooked in a slow cooker for 8 to 9 hours. However, due to time constraint in the meeting, Jean cooked it on the stove for only 1 hour. Though the meat is not as tender as desired, but the Swiss Steak is still very flavourful and creamy.
- 2 – 2.5lb sirloin tip steak
- 1 can (10 3/4oz) Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 10 pcs sliced button mushrooms
- 1 – 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 – 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
This is a simple recipe which is great for those busy working moms. You can prepare it the night before and start the slow cooker in the morning and return home from work with a flavourful pot of Swiss Steak. You may serve the Swiss Steak with some egg noodles or dinner rolls to soak up the yummy gravy.