Vannessa, the leader of the South Arm Community Centre cooking club, shared with us two recipes this week. Vannessa is originally from Hong Kong. She shared with us Hong Kong Style Fried Rice and a Bake Salmon recipe.
This is the recipe for the Hong Kong Style Fried Rice. Fried rice originates from China and is made typically from cold leftover rice and leftover ingredients. Most regions in China has their own way in making fried rice with the most well known from Fujian and Yanhzhou.
- 3 cups of rice, cooked and left overnight in the refrigerator
- 5 eggs
- a can of pineapple, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup of green peas, blanched in boiling water
- 1/2 lb BBQ pork, cut into bite size pieces
- Soy sauce and salt to taste
Click on the link below for Cooking Instructions.
The HongKong Style Fried Rice is simple to make and ready in less than 20 minutes. You may use any left over ingredients in your fridge like roast chicken, Chinese sausage, kimchi, mushroom, dried shrimp, salted fish, peppers, green onion, celery, corn, etc. to make this fried rice. It is a very flexible recipe. Thank you Vanessa for sharing with us.