This is Minoo’s second recipe which is Jude’s Date, Nut and Chocolate Chip Cake. This is a cake filled with lots of goodies like honey, date, walnut and chocolate chip. This is quite a dense cake and it’s preferably bake in a shallow pan to prevent overbrowning of the edges while the inside is not fully cooked.
I have no idea why this is called Jude’s Cake. I tried googling it but came up with nothing on it at all. Anyone of you out there know why this is called Jude’s Cake? For all I know, Jude might just be someone Minoo knows.
- 1 cup chopped, pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups flour (whole wheat or half unbleached white)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 to 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
Click on the link below for cooking instructions …
I love this cake as it’s not too sweet and it’s full of the goodness of honey, nuts and dates. Minoo, thank you for sharing the recipe with us.