My good neighbour, Zee shared with me how to make a vegetarian curry dish. Zee is of Indian descent but she was born in Kenya. The Vegetarian Curry dish is a very versatile recipe as you can use an assortment of ingredients.
For this recipe, Zee used kidney beans and cassava. Cassava is grown for its enlarged starch-filled roots, which contains a high concentration of starch. Cassava is used much like potato.
Click on link below for Ingredients and Cooking Instructions.
- 1 cup kidney beans, soaked overnight and parboiled
- 2 cups cassava, cut into bite-size and parboiled, saving the boiling water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- a few tablespoons of crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste.
You may cook this dish with cauliflower, potato, green peas, etc. Try this Indian Vegetarian Curry for a change.