Sweet cherries are great just eating them as they are. However, we picked so much cherries that I have to bake something with them. I found this recipe which uses sweet cherries. It’s a pudding cake.
This pudding cake is so juicy that juices over run onto my oven. So, if you would like to attempt this recipe, use a bigger pan or put an aluminum foil lined baking sheet below your pan to catch the juices.
- 3 cups cherries, pitted, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
I must say that the most tedious part of this recipe is pitting the cherries.