When we were groceries shopping last weekend, we also came across some fried chicken feet. Ben and I like braised chicken feet like those found in Dim Sum restaurant. So, I bought a pack to try to make it at home.
The pack of chicken feet (about 8 pairs) cost less than $3.00. At Dim Sum restaurant, a plate of 4 to 5 chicken feet will cost you $2.50 to $3.00.
- 8 pairs chicken feet
- 12 medium-sized dried shittake mushrooms (whole) soaked to soften
- 2 thick slices of young ginger
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 1 -2 tablespoons oil
- 500ml water
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock granules
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
Click on the link below for the instructions.
The Braised Chicken Feet with Mushrooms goes well with rice and also delicious served over cooked wonton noodles.