I found this simple recipe from a newspaper and it’s a perfect dessert to enjoy the sweet taste of summer. You may use any stone fruit for this recipe like plums, cherries, apricots, nectarines, peaches, etc. All these stone fruits are high in fiber and rich in vitamins A and C and low in calories.
The Simple Fruit Tart is best served warm with ice-cream as a topping. The pastry is flaky and the taste is a mix of sourness (depending on the fruit) and sweetness. I think you will like this.
- 1/2 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 cups pitted and sliced stone fruit (you may mix the fruit)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- turbinado sugar, such as sugar in the raw (optional)
Click on the link below for the instructions.
Preheat the oven to 400F. Wash, pit and slice fruit and place it into a medium bowl.