For this fall session, I’ll try to attend another community kitchen so that I can learn more variety of recipes from a different group. I’ll be going to Minoo’s group at Caring Place on Thursday morning every other week.
Minoo shared two recipes this week. The recipes are Pacific Salmon Loaf and Blueberry Muffins. The Pacific Salmon Loaf in this recipe uses can salmon but you may use any left over baked salmon or even can tuna. The Salmon Loaf is served with a cucumber sauce.
- 2 (220g) cans salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75ml) chopped green peppers (or any other color peppers)
- 1/3 cup (75ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125ml) mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
Ingredients for the cucumber sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream or yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
Click on the link for the instructions.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Minoo, thank you for sharing such a healthy recipe and I’m sure many of us will make it for our family.
This Post Has 0 Comments
Yum…… look healthy & easy to make, I’m sure I’ll try it out one day. Hopefully I’ve time to bake for the kids.
I have a quick question about your recipe for Pacific Salmon Loaf, which is delicious. The method calls for adding dill to the mixture but it’s not included in the list of ingredients except for the sauce. How much dill goes in the loaf? Thanks for the information!
Hi Wendy, the original recipe does not have dill in the salmon mixture but Minoo did add some dill into it for extra flavour. You may try half to one teaspoon.