It is the time of the year where the school is having a welcome back to school cum meet the teachers BBQ evening for the new school year. Parents are asked to bring a dessert for the event while the BBQ is free, donation is welcome to cover the cost of food.
I decided to make Nanzaro’s favourite chocolate cake. It is a very moist, eggless chocolate cake. I usually made this cake for my kids birthday party.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup) oil
- a handful of semisweet chocolate chips
Please click on the link below for the instructions.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
For those of you who do not have an oven or try to avoid the oven in the hot summer, I have a version of this cake which is steamed. Check out the Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake here.
If you like steamed cake recipes, check out the following:
- Steamed Banana Cake
- Steamed Mah Lai Ko
- Steamed Rice Cakes (Pak Thong Koh)
- Another Steamed Rice Cake
- Steamed Red Bean Rice Cake (Poot Jei Gou)
- Chinese Sponge Cake
- Nian Gao (Chinese New Year Cake)
If you like this recipe, do me a favour … DIGG me here: