Andrea made this Middle Eastern Pork, Chickpea and Couscous Casserole as her second dish in the South Arm Community Kitchen.
This is a one-pot party dish which features easy-to-use couscous and nutrient-packed chickpeas. This dish is highlighted by the rich flavours of cumin, coriander and zesty orange.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb lean boneless pork loin or pork tenderloin, cut in thin strips
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 large sweet green or red pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, cut in wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (19oz/540ml) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 dried cranberries or raisins
- 1 piece of leek, cut in thin strips
- 1 1/2 cup couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander or parsley
Click on the link below for the instructions.
The Middle Eastern Pork, Chickpea and Couscous Casserole is indeed a great dish for potluck. It has a distinctive middle eastern flavour from the cumin. The good thing is all is done in one pot. Andrea, thank you for sharing with us.