Tanni is a another talented cook of the South Arm Community Kitchen. This week, she prepared a set menu (printed out nicely and put on display) for the cooking class. Her initial plan is to make a salad and garlic toast as the appetizers, Green Curry Lamb as the main entree and finally a sweet rice soup/congee as dessert. But unfortunately, with the boiling water advisory still on, she decided to drop off the salad as a safety precaution.
I’ll start off with the main entree. Green Curry Lamb. It was a great dish to be served with steam rice. The Green Curry Lamb is loaded with rich flavour from lemon grass, coconut milk and palm sugar.
- 2 lbs lamb shoulder, chopped into bite size
- 2 pcs garlic, minced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (add more if you like it spicy)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 sticks of lemon grass, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 can (400g) coconut milk