Yvonne made two dishes in the South Arm Community Kitchen. Yvonne is an experienced cook. She worked in many places before like Pizza place, factory which supplied food concentrates to restaurants, etc. She also attended cooking schools in her early days in Vancouver. She is a lady with many talents.
One of Yvonne’s dishes is Skewered Chicken. She served the Skewered Chicken on Fusilli pasta and accompanied with Skewered Sweet Peppers which has been briefly fried.
Yvonne is a person who emphasized on presentation. She presented her dishes with garnishes using cucumber, tomatoes, blood orange and lemon. It certainly made the dish more appealing.
- 2 lbs of skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary or substitute with 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablepoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Mirin or rice wine
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
Click on the link below for the instructions.
Soak some bamboo skewers in water. Preheat the oven to 400F.
The Skewered Chicken is very flavourful. You can also cooked the Skewered Chicken on a grill or BBQ.