Jean made two dishes in the Gilmore Park Church community kitchen. Jean told us that we will be the guinea pigs to test the recipes as this is the first time she’s making them.
The first dish is the Baked French Potato Wedges. These potato wedges are crispy, flavourful and cheesy. I’m sure kids will love this, especially mine.
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375F.
A great side dish to go with the Baked Chicken with Pineapple, coming tomorrow.
The good thing about this Baked French Potato Wedges is that there is no salt added to it as the cheese will impart the saltiness to it. Under normal circumstances, fried potatoes cry for salt.