Vanessa, the leader of the South Arm Community Kitchen was away on her visit to her homeland in HongKong. Minoo took over the kitchen for the week and she made this Magnifico Meatless Tacos. This is a vegetarian dish and the recipe was obtained from a Heart Smart group. It is rich in fiber and vitamins and complete with protein and calcium.
Kids will love this dish as they get to assemble the tacos themselves.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet red or yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice or salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- taco shells warmed in a microwave
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup salsa
Click on the link below for the instructions.
This Post Has 0 Comments
Just made these awesome little tacos!! As I was making them, I was doubting this recipe. But one taste and I’m hooked! I used salsa instead of tomato paste, left off the cilantro, and left out the coriander (not a fan). I also used soft corn tortillas. I will be making these again for sure!