This recipe is taken from the recipe posted on Simply Recipes.
Here is the Roast Leg of Lamb recipe which we bought a couple of weeks prior in Washington. The Leg of Lamb was huge, was about 5 lbs and it took me and my boys almost 5 days to finish it, that was when Ben was away on vacation. He only had two servings of it.
We had three meals with just the plain Roast Leg of Lamb with gravy and some steamed vegetable and rice and the last two meals with noodles and soup. The boys preferred to have the roast lamb in noodles and soup as I sliced the lamb very thin for them. They had hard times eating them in a steak form as they had trouble cutting them.
- 1 5 to 6 lbs leg of lamb, bone-in or boneless (I had boneless).
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon of dried thymes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary or 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil