Minoo made a Raisin Banana Bread while Zoe was preparing her ingredients for the Vietnamese Shrimp Roll. The Banana Bread recipe is upon the request of Tony. Tony joined the community kitchen with no knowledge of how to cook at all. But for his daughter’s sake, he came to the community kitchen and has learned a lot. Tony always goes back and tries every recipe he learned.
This Raisin Banana Bread is a healthy breakfast or snack item. I love the mini loaf pan Minoo used as it yields some cute mini loaves. This mini loaves are good as a gift.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 stick melted butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon mace (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon or orange rind (optional)
- 2 heaping tablespoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
Click on the link below for the instructions.
Preheat the oven to 350F.