In the Gilmore Park Church Community Kitchen, we helped Karen to make meatballs for the community meal. We made about 800 meatballs.
Karen made us a Wedge Salad for lunch. It is a classic 60’s steak house lunch. It has a wedge of iceberg lettuce served with a creamy dressing and served with a form of beef, in our case beef meatballs. Karen made Thousand Island dressing for the salad.
Here is the recipe for meatball. I’m posting only the ingredients for a smaller portion which serves about 6 people. For those who are interested for a recipe which serves 100 people, you can email me for the recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef, lean
- 1 medium or large egg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flax seed, ground
- 1/2 cup buckwheat or brown rice flakes or rolled oats
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried leaves or ground
- 1/2 cup milk or soy beverage
Click on the link below for the instructions.
Preheat oven to 450F.