I bought this Gourmantra Indian meal kit from Costco for $9.89. Ben and my kids love Indian food. The gravy goes well with steamed rice. Ben likes it more spicy though while Arkensen prefers a milder curry. How can I add more heat to the curry other than adding chili flakes to it as I usually do? Will adding green chilies like those on the box makes the dish more spicy hot?
It consists of 3 individual meal kit, 2 butter chicken and 1 chicken korma. In Save On Foods, each individual meal kit costs $4.99.
All you need is one of the Gourmantra Indian meal kit, some butter, 500g of boneless chicken breast or thigh (I prefer the dark meat) and 200ml of half and half or yogurt, depend on which kit you are using.
The Gourmantra meal kit comes with basmati rice, garlic and ginger puree, tomato puree and some spices blend.. All you need to do is to cook the rice as per the instruction on the box. As for the chicken dish, the general procedure is:
- melt the butter,
- saute the ginger and garlic puree until fragrant,
- add the chicken and cook for few minutes until no longer pink,
- add the tomato puree and some water and cook for few more minutes,
- stir in the spice blend and cream and simmer on low heat for another few minutes,
- and lastly, remove from heat to stand for few minutes for the gravy to thicken.
Here you are, a scrumptious Indian meal for your family. I usually serve it with some Chinese green stir-fry.