The first Danish dish is Danish Cucumber in Sour Cream Salad. This is a very simple salad that Joan and Paul made this up in a jiffy.
As the name suggests, this salad is cooling and creamy.
- 1 medium cucumber, thin sliced (3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chives or green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill seed or fresh dill, chopped
- 1 dash pepper
- Sprinkle the cucumber with salt. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly. Dry on paper towel.
- Combine sour cream, vinegar, Tabasco, chives or green onion, fresh dill and pepper.
- Pour over cucumber. Chill well before using. Garnish with fresh dill.