When I met up with Karen Dar Woon at the Squash workshop, I asked her if she has a recipe for Eggless Brownie which Dalia requested some time earlier. Karen gave me this recipe.
This is more like a rich chocolate cake as it lacks the density of a brownie made with eggs. Nevertheless, Nanzaro had made this a couple of times himself as he likes this Eggless Brownies.
Click on Read More for the recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted to remove lumps
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (I substituted with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar + milk to make up 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee, dissolved in 1 tablespoon hot water (or one espresso shot)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Measure dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a whisk or fork to combine.
- Measure wet ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, all at once. Stir with a spatula or spoon, just until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8″ square pan or a 11″x7″ rectangular pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or just until the top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool on rack. This may be hard to remove from the pan unless totally cooled.
Karen, thank you for sharing this recipe.