June and Carol made a big batch of Fruity Maple Pecan Granola for the seniors kitchen. The granola is used as topping for the Honey Pear Parfaits. Everyone gets to bring home some granola as we made a triple batch of the recipe. The South Arm Cooking Club for seniors always double or triple the recipes. This way the seniors get to bring something home. Stella often reminds the seniors to bring back the reusable containers so that they can bring something home in the next meeting.
I love this Fruity Maple Pecan Granola. It is very nutty and crispy. I munch on it as snacks and it’s a less guilty kind of snack. This is a fiber rich snacks.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup hulled pumpkin seeds (I believed we substituted with sun flower seeds)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (we substituted the dates and apricot with dried cranberries)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as canola or sunflower
This Post Has 0 Comments
Yum! That sounds soooo good. Unfortunately, there’s no way my wee food budget to manage all those ingredients.