The second dish which Lucy showed us in the Gilmore Park Community Kitchen is called Tomato Egg Soup. This is her family’s common soup. This soup has similar texture like the sour and spicy soup you get at most Chinese restaurants except that it’s not sour and spicy. It is a thick soup.
We enjoyed this Tomato Egg Soup as it is not too heavy in flavour. You can incorporate your own favourite vegetables into the soup but I like the texture of the cloud ear fungus. Enoki mushroom, bamboo shoots and tofu are good incorporations for this soup too.
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons diced green onion
- a few cloud ear fungus, reconstituted, chopped
- 4 fresh shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- corn starch
- 6 cups of water or chicken broth