Carol and Margaret were incharged of making the Pizza Sauce in the South Arm Community Kitchen for seniors. This recipe is adapted from Gourmet. It makes about 2 1/2 cups of Pizza Sauce.
- a 28-oz can crushed tomatoes in puree (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt to taste
- In a large non-reactive saucepan, bring the tomatoes puree and oil to a simmer.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until the sauce is reduced to about 2 1/2 cups.
- Season the sauce with salt and cool to room temperature.
- The sauce can be kept in the refrigerator, covered for 5 days.
Here is a sneak peek of one of the most simple pizza the seniors made. Carol and Margaret made this Hawaiian Pizza.
This Post Has One Comment
Pingback: Chow Times » Making Pizza from Scratch: Margherita Pizza (Part 3 of 5)