June and Carol made a salad to accompany the Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. This is a very green salad. The main ingredients in this salad are Avocado and Cucumber.
Avocado is known to decrease LDL (bad cholesterol) and to increase HDL (good cholesterol). This is a great fruit for people watching their cholesterol level.
Cucumber is a natural diuretic which increases the excretion of water from the bodies. Hence it is used by the fitness world of body builders and for people who try to reduce weight.
This Avocado and Cucumber Salad does not need any oil for dressing. The avocado which is also known as butter pear, is rich with mono unsaturated fat. Avocado is also rich in potassium (60% more than bananas), B vitamins, vitamin E and vitamin K. It has the highest fiber content of any fruit where 75% is insoluble and 25% is soluble.
- 2 medium cucumbers, cubed
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/4 large lemon
- 1 lime
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, avocados, and cilantro.
- Stir in garlic, green onions, salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon and lime over the top, and toss. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
June and Carol, thank you for making this healthy Avocado and Cucumber Salad. It is very refreshing.