We were all very surprise and glad to Vanessa back in the South Arm Community Kitchen. Vanessa was the ex-leader of the South Arm Community Kitchen for several years until last June. Vanessa has involve in some volunteer job which clash with the South Arm Community Kitchen schedule. She came back today to demonstrate a very homey Chinese dish. Welcome back, Vanessa.
The Potato Chicken Stew is best served with steamed rice. The sauce goes so well with rice that kids can just eat the rice with the sauce and potatoes.
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken pieces (we used chicken drummets)
- 3 large potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 whole bulb garlic, minced
- 8 small shallots, sliced and rough chopped
- 3″ ginger, cut in chunks and smashed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons oil for frying