Minoo made a Turkey Black Bean Chili in the South Arm Community Kitchen. I had blogged about 3 other chili recipes here:
Chili is a very versatile dish. You can serve it on it’s own or serve it with bread, noodles or rice. It’s an almost complete meal by itself as it has protein from the meat and beans, and fiber and vitamins from all the vegetables in it.
You can double the recipe to freeze the leftovers in single portion containers or ziplock bags for days that you dont feel like cooking. Defrost it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat on low heat on the stove.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (28oz/796ml) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (19oz/540ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh coriander or parsley
- sour cream and sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
This recipe is adapted from Canadian Living.