Rochelle showed us her own favourite salad. She calls this Peri-Peri Chicken Salad and it is simple to make and is tasty too.
It is the dressing that makes this a salad with a kick.
The dressing is made up of whole grain mustard, maple syrup, olive oil and red wine vinegar. Pepper and salt to taste with the not so secret ingredient …
… the Nando’s Wild Herb Peri-Peri Sauce. You can get this from Nando’s or the local supermarket.
The ingredient list are as follows:
- Your peri favourite fresh seasonal vegetables
- As much chicken as you like
- 1 part Nando’s Peri-Peri Sauce (whichever type you like, hot or not)
- 1 part whole grain mustard
- 1 part maple syrup
- 2 parts olive oil, and
- 2 parts red wine vinegar — plus/minus as you prefer, feel free to play with it!
The method is described in 2 words: Too easy.
Just toss up the salad, chop the chicken over top, add dressing to taste — and enjoy!