This is first salad for the salad theme in the South Arm Cooking Club for Seniors. Sydney and Lorna made this salad besides the Island Pork Tenderloin. Lentil is a high in fiber and a great meat substitute for a vegetarian dish.
Cooking the lentils for only 15 minutes preserves their shape and texture. Tossed with a little vinaigrette, they make a tasty and satisfying salad. This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light and it serves 8.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsnip or turnip
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
This Post Has 0 Comments
This looks lovely! I am going to try it with sprouted lentils and make a totally raw salad. Thanks for the great idea!