Ben enjoyed the Gazpacho while we were vacationing in Spain this summer. Gazpacho is a cold vegetable soup from Spain. It is best described as liquid salad or ‘salad in the form of soup’. Gazpacho is a wonderful way to serve summer fresh vegetables.
June and Keiko made this Gazpacho recipe adopted from Elizabeth Shepard.
- 2 cups finely diced plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1 cup finely diced cucumber, seeds removed
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 46-oz can tomato juice
- 1/2 cup fresh, plain bread crumbs
- Tabasco, to taste
P/S: the Italian bread crumb and the nutmeg are not supposed to be in this photo.
This recipe serves 8.