The last appetizer made in the South Arm Club for Seniors is a very healthy appetizer. Instead of something loaded with sugar, butter or cheese, this appetizer is made with vegetable. This Garlicky Spinach Balls recipe is adapted from Taste of Homes and it serves 8 to 12.
These Garlicky Spinach Balls are made with dry bread stuffing and spinach. They are tasty, easy-to-eat vegetable appetizer. You can make these ahead and freeze them, unbaked, in a single layer. Then, simply bake as needed, adding 5 to 10 minutes to the cooking time.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach
Paul and Frances made with these Garlicky Spinach Balls.
Preheat the oven to 350F.