Kids love pancakes and this Multigrain Apple Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes make a healthy breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) multigrain flour
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon (4 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups (500 ml) buttermilk
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) butter, melted
- 1 apple, peeled and cored, grated and squeezed out excess liquid
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
|In a bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour and multigrain flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
|In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, 3 cups buttermilk and butter.
|Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
|Fold grated apples into batter.
Add more buttermilk if batter is too thick.
|Brush some oil over a non-stick skillet; heat over medium heat.
Pour in 1/4 cup (50 ml) of batter, tilt pan to spread batter evenly.
|Cook until the underside is golden and bubbles break on top, about 2 minutes.
|Turn the pancake over and cook until the underside is golden, 30 to 6o seconds.
Repeat for the rest of the batter, brushing the skillet with oil for each pancake.
|Drizzle the pancake with maple syrup and sprinkle with confection sugar if preferred.
This recipe yields 15 pancakes.Minoo, thank you for sharing all these breakfast/brunch recipes.