This Herbed Potato Soup is Minoo’s favourite. It’s quick and easy and freezes well. Minoo always has homemade frozen food in her freezer. She said she does not know how to make small batches of food. She always has left over which she freezes them for busy day. Soup is one food that freezes well.
This Herbed Potato Soup is definitely great for cold winter days. This recipe is adapted from www.allrecipes.com.
Prep time: 10 mins; Cook time: 20 mins; Serves 6.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, or taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk