Stella shared this lovely Cranberry Nut Loaf with the members of the South Arm Cooking Club for seniors. She was given a cook book by one of the members of the South Arm seniors titled “A World Community Cookbook’, Simply in Season. This recipe from extracted from this cookbook.
Stella insisted that everyone must try her cake because it is very rare for her to bake. Of course, we will never resist such a healthy cake loaded with flax seeds, cranberries and nuts.
- 1 cup (250ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75ml) flax seed meal
- 1 1//2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (175ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (175ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) sweetened dried cranberries (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) walnuts or pecans (chopped)
This recipe yields 1 loaf.
Prep time: 10 minutes; Bake time: 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until everything is moistened.
- Fold in cranberries and half of the nuts.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9×5-inch (2L loaf pan). Sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
- Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen edges and turn the loaf out onto the rack to cool completely before slicing.
Stella, thank you for the healthy loaf recipe.
This Post Has 0 Comments
No cake/bread can go wrong with cranberry and nut!
Yours look wonderful!