The salad we made in the Gilmore Park Community Kitchen is a warm or cooked salad unlike the usual raw and cold salad.
This Broccoli and Kale with Mustard Currant Dressing is rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Have you seen the commercial on broccoli as a miracle food?
Well, broccoli is not only nutritious, but one can make music with it.
Prep time: 20 minutes; Serve 6
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 4 cups water
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 bunch dino kale, removed stem and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
This Post Has 0 Comments
You could also easily microwave the vegetables. This looks really tasty — I think you could use a variety of simple dressings on the warm vegetables. Everyone should eat more kale, right?